Monday 13 January 2014

A Girl By Any Other Name by MK Schiller


 
 
 
Author MK Schiller is having a release party to celebrate her newest book A Girl By Any Other Name. The first of many new books in Totally Bounds new line, What's her Secret. So Sit back and check out this great new read.
 


 
Everyone tells him he needs to move on, but how can a man function without his heart?

 

 
 
 
EXCERPT

 
She put her hand on my arm. Her voice wavered, shifting into a soft whisper. “I can’t sleep at night and it helps me. Sometimes I get so scared that it actually hurts. I feel it in my bones, like they might crack open any minute, breaking my insides apart.”

I shifted my pole and reached for her hand. I hadn’t quite comprehended the value of hugging. “Maybe you should pray on it. Pastor Morrison says that prayer can solve a lot of problems.”

“You really think that will work?” she asked dubiously.

I shrugged. “I wouldn’t know for sure. I don’t pray right myself.”

She frowned, wrinkling her nose. “How can you pray wrong?”

“Momma says I do it wrong all the time.”

“I don’t get it.”

I sighed, staring up at the blue sky. “She always asks me what I prayed for. The first time she asked, I told her it was for a new bike and football cleats. She got real mad and said ‘Son, you are praying to God, not Santa Claus’.” I used my best Amelia Tanner impression, and the edges of Sylvie’s mouth curved upward.

“That sounds like your momma.”

“Yeah, but I guess I didn’t learn my lesson because I asked her what I should pray for then. She said I should pray to be a better person.”

“That’s a good idea.”

“That’s what I thought too. I started praying that I could throw the football longer and run faster so I could make the team in high school.”

Sylvie cupped her hand to her mouth to cover her laugh. I didn’t care. I wanted to make her laugh, even if it was at my expense. “What did she say?”

“She got pretty mad and said that’s not what she meant. She told me I was being selfish and since I couldn’t pray for myself correctly, I should pray for someone else.”

“Who did you pray for?”

I stared down at the lake. “I prayed for Mandy.”

“That’s so sweet.”

“Yeah, I asked God to make her less annoying.”

Sylvie cracked up so much I was sure she’d run all the fish away, but I didn’t care. It was one of the best feelings in the world to make this girl laugh. “You didn’t.”

“I did, but at least now I know what I need to pray on.”

“What’s that, Cal?”

I squeezed her hand, noticing how hypnotic her eyes were. “I’ll pray that you’re not scared anymore, Sylvie.”





 
 

Author Bio

MK Schiller is a hopeless romantic in a hopelessly pragmatic world. Writing is her passion, but with a full time life and two busy teenagers, it proves difficult. But in the quiet dark of night, she sits by the warm glow of a computer monitor, and attempt to conjure up passionate heartwarming stories with plenty of humor.

She started imagining stories in her head at a very young age. In fact, friends started making requests for stories where they were featured as the heroine and the object of their affection was the hero. You've heard of fan fiction... this was friend fiction.

Even with that, it took many years to realize her dream. She hopes you enjoy my stories and always find The Happily Ever After in every endeavor.

 

 

LINKS

Author’s Website:

 
Facebook:
 

Twitter :  @MKSchiller
 

Amazon Author page


 
Publisher’s site


Goodreads page


 

 

 

Congratulations MK and the best of luck with A Girl By Any Other Name
 


Cheers,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment