Sunday 21 July 2013

Ghost Encounters with Gabrielle Holly...Soldier of Love


It's Monday and time to get back into the swing of things after my fun-filled week in Prince Edward Island with my family.

And what better way then to get the old heart pumping with the introduction to the new paranormal erotic romance series, Ghost Encounters, by Total-E-Bound Author Gabrielle Holly.

There are three books in the Ghost Encounter series, up today is book one, Soldier of Love, Wednesday is book two, A Triple Scoop of I Scream, and finally on Friday is book three, Stage Fright.

Paranormal erotic romance is one of my favourite genres, I'm can't wait to get the crap scared out of me by sexy spirits. So take it away Gabrielle...









Hi Nancy.
Thanks for inviting me to talk about the Ghost Encounters series this week! I’m looking forward to telling your readers about the three books in the series and what inspired them.
I have a wildly active imagination and a very short attention span, which makes writing the perfect career for me. I can dream up a story, spend some time in a different world, and then move on to the next adventure. Since diving into the world of romantic fiction, I’ve written contemporary romance, romantic comedy, historical romance and paranormal romance.

The final installment in my Ghost Encounters series came out last month and I already miss spending time with the characters. The series follows wisecracking psychic medium, Toni Bianchi, and the quirky stars of the television ghost-hunting program, Paranormal Research Team. I’ve loved tagging along on their exploits and have developed a kind of kinship with them – and the ghosts they meet.

I’ve been interested in the paranormal since childhood and grew up believing that spirits were just a fact of life – the leftover energy of those who have crossed over. I even have a ‘haunted’ portrait of my great-grandmother, Mabel, hanging in my home. The portrait made the rounds within the family before finding a permanent home with me. No one else will keep it because of the odd events associated with it – most notably spontaneously tilting when hung on the wall. Family legend has it that it was painted by my great-grandfather’s cellmate when he was incarcerated for moonshining during prohibition. 

I inherited the painting from a favorite aunt on the day of my grandmother’s funeral (my grandmother was Mabel’s daughter). The funeral took place out of town and I brought home the portrait – along with some other sentimental heirlooms - and unceremoniously set them in a cardboard box in the basement. Soon after returning home I began experiencing strange phenomena – my spine tingled when I walked by the box of grandma’s treasures and the bathroom lights flickered when I used the downstairs shower. I wasn’t afraid – just intrigued.

I was working as a radio show host at the time and when the producer booked a psychic medium as a guest, I brought the painting into the studio for a reading.  The medium was able to divine things from the portrait that only I knew, but hadn’t shared with anyone else. She confirmed that my great-grandmother’s spirit was attached to the object, but there was nothing to worry about. She said that great-grandma merely wanted to be remembered and my best course of action would be to hang her portrait in a place of honor. I did just that.

The lights no longer flicker and the only thing I feel when I walk by the portrait is a sense of wellbeing – of being watched over. The painting does occasionally tilt of its own accord, but I just set it right and wink at great-grandma Mabel.

I brought my own paranormal experiences to the table when I was writing the Ghost Encounters series. I hope you’ll love Toni, Thomas and the other folks – living and dead - that inhabit the books. The adventure begins with book 1, Soldier of Love.




 Soldier of Love
Book One in the Ghost Encounter Series
A reluctant psychic medium, an insatiable Civil War ghost, and a sexy TV ghost hunter create an otherworldly love triangle.

When Toni Bianchi decides to chuck her high-stress career and mooching noncommittal boyfriend to become an innkeeper in a tiny tourist town, she doesn't realize that she's trading in one set of problems for another. The inn is a crumbling money pit haunted by the handsome ghost of its former owner—Civil War soldier John Buckman. As the hauntings get more frequent — and much more personal — Toni wonders if she’s just imagining things.

At her wit's end, Toni calls in the popular ghost-hunting TV show "Paranormal Research Team" and immediately falls for its sexy star, Thomas Becker. Toni, Thomas and Buckman's ghost engage in an otherworldly ménage a trois that helps the dead cross over and leaves the living wanting more.



Visit Gabrielle's website for an excerpt of Soldier of Love.







Soldier of Love buy links










Ghost Encounters series:

Follow reluctant spiritual medium Toni Bianchi as she discovers the extent of her powers over ghosts and men.  Toni's powerful sexual energy acts as a conduit for wayward spirits and affects the mortals around her.

Her impulsive nature and misguided business sense lead her into a string of odd real estate ventures with one common amenity – each has a resident ghost who needs Toni's special gift to help find eternal peace through earthly gratification. 

Toni is guided through her adventures by the quirky cast and crew of the hit television ghost-hunting show "Paranormal Research Team".  Sexy host Thomas Becker hopes that Toni can help him prove that ghosts exist and he's glad to step in when the paranormal encounters turn erotic.

Will Toni be able to manage her ghost encounters long enough to forge a lasting human connection?

Author Bio:
Gabrielle Holly writes romance with a little humor and a lot of heat. She lives in the Midwestern United States with her husband and their two enormous, incessantly-shedding dogs. Gabby has worked as a newspaper humor columnist, a stand-up comic, a radio show host, a magazine writer & editor, and a freelance journalist. She has a short attention span and enjoys reading, travel, spending time outdoors, hunting for antiques, watching movies and attending live theater & concerts.





 Connect with Gabrielle:








Thanks for sharing Soldier of Love with us today Gabrielle. See you here Wednesday for the next book in your Ghost Encounters series, A Triple Scoop of I Scream!



Cheers,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me Nancy! I hope everyone will stop by Gabrielle Holly Romance to check out my interview of you and read an excerpt of your HOT contemporary fantasy romance "The Bannockburn Spell"! http://gabrielleholly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete